About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Adventure!

Ok....I haven't been back to post since last Friday. I was out of town over the weekend with a group of teenage girls from church. We went to the "revolve" tour for girls and had a great time. With teens, it's always an adventure! I don't think any of us got more than 3 hours of sleep, if that.

Then, on Sunday, we got hit with hurricane force winds. A level 1 hurricane in Ohio of all places! I have never seen anything like it. I lost electric on Sunday around 1:00 pm and didn't get it back until yesterday at 8 pm! Needless to say, we lost around $250.00 dollars worth of groceries! Monday, I was unable to work from home so Tuesday I go into the office to work and their system goes down all day. So, today, I've got some catching up to do with work! We had losts of down trees in the area and my Dad lost about a 9 foot blue spruce. He came down in his back yard but thank God did not hit their house! So, we've been cleaning up most of this week. There were over 500,000 people without electric. Schools have been closed and my daughters is still closed today. They still have no electric! Even with things as bad as they were here, we had it mild compared to those in Texas. Remember them in prayer and help out if you can!

I'll be back to post more about heart disease later!

No comments: