About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The miracle continues!

ok, just a quick update. Yesterday I went for a MUGA scan because it's exact on heart function. Dr. Hunter called me yesterday with news that my heart function (EF) is now at 48%!!!!! That is just 2% below normal heart function. The nurse told me today it's about as perfect as perfect gets! The echo a few weeks ago was wrong.....I do not have 25%, I have 48% heart function. The echo results were low due to the fact my pulse rate is now lower while resting. This sometimes happens to athletes too due to lower pulse rates. Dr. Hunter wasn 't convinced I was at 25% so she order the MUGA to make sure. God has truly touched my heart physically and spirtually.....he has reshaped it, made it stronger and it beats for him! My heart is now normal size too. This comes almost 10 years after I was diagnosed and had only 1/16th of my heart working. After almost being worked up twice for the transplant list. No transplant....medicines didnt' work like they should have, device therapy didn't work like they should have....but GOD did a miracle!I am humbled and so very grateful for what God has done for me. This is something I've been told doesn't happen after this long with cardiomyopathy and CHF. Nothing is impossible with God! Never, never, never give up and never stop praying. My miracle didn't happen over night. It came with a lot of tears and a lot of pain.....but I never gave up. I knew God could do this and I believed he would and he did...he is still the God that performs miracles today.

No comments: