About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Saturday, September 27, 2008

education is key and Heart Walk Thank yous!

Ok...I've overloaded everyone with knowledge about heart disease and what you can do to help prevent. I hope you all use this information and take it to heart.

Last week I had particapted in our local heart walk. We had a beautiful sunshiny day! We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. It was nice to see such a wonderful turn out too. With all the problems people had the week before with the "hurricane in ohio" and the electric being out, etc, we had a great turnout. It is touching to hear the stories of others. Todd Bell's family was there and told everyone about the dangers of not knowing your cholesterol numbers. Todd Bell was a professional athlete and was in great physical shape but he didn't know he had high cholesterol. He died of a heart attack caused by high cholesterol. He didn't know his numbers and had no clue of the hidden danger within his own body. That's why I have this blog......that's why I'm so passionate about this. so, the education is so vital and that's why there is so much of it here on my blog.

Getting back to the walk. I an so thankful for all the volunteers that showed up to help. Our church youth group came to hand out water along the route. Nathan....you will never know how much that means to me! Thank you! We've never had this before and you were at the perfect spot. Everyone I have talked to appreciates what the youth group did and said it was just when they felt like they needed something to drink!

Thank you Judy Pochard for volunteering your time to take team photos. This means more than a simple thank you can express! Everyone should check our her work. She does awesome work and I highly recommend her. She did our family pictures! Check it out at www.pbase.com/jpochard

I didn't quite make it the entire 3 miles, but I did my best and I'm just glad that I'm able to walk! I was fine on where the route was flat, but when we had some incline coming back, I got a bit winded. Those of you with CHF know what I mean! So, I cut off probably the last 1/12 mile of the route and headed back to the school. I get a bit frustrated when I get winded and can't quite make it all the way but then I'm reminded of how much God has done for me and I forget about it! I'm just happy to be able to go to the event and walk for a cause that matters so much to my heart. So, for everyone that was there and participated in some way.....Thank you from the bottem of my heart. You are world changers!

No comments: