About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Watch the Go Red for Women TV Special

Ok....this isn't showing in my area tonight and I'm bummed! It will eventually but for those of you able to watch it tonight, I would highly recommend it. Rmemeber, Heart Disease is the #1 killer in America and it's especially important for women to realize, it's our #1 killer. Heart disease kills more women than all forms of cancer combined, yet many women still do not know this! If this is on in your area and you have a chance to catch it, here is the info:

Beginning Sept. 20, Go Red For Women will be in living rooms across the country

One woman dies almost every minute from heart disease. Yet studies show that only 21% of women view heart disease as their greatest health threat. That's why the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women is bringing the faces of heart disease into living rooms across the country in a new NBC television special, Untold Stories of the Heart. The show, featuring Marie Osmond and hosted by Hoda Kotb, raises awareness through the personal stories of women living with heart disease.


The special will premiere in a limited number of markets on September 20, and will air across the country in the weeks to follow. Here's what's scheduled to date:

Market Station Date Time
Albany, NY WNYT 11/11 1:00 PM
Albany, NY (second run) WNYT 12/27 1:00 PM
Biloxi, MS WXXV 11/10 5:00 PM
Boston, MA WHDH 10/25 3:30 PM
Chicago, IL WMAQ 9/20 6:00 PM
Chicago, IL (second run) WMAQ 10/5 Noon
Dallas, TX KXAS 9/20 6:30 PM
Hartford, CT WVIT 9/20 7 PM
Lima, OH WLIO 10/5 12:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA KNBC 9/20 5:30 PM
Miami, FL WTVJ 9/20 7:00 PM
New York, NY WNBC 9/20 7:30 PM
Philadelphia, PA WCAU 9/20 7:00 PM
San Diego, CA KNSD 9/20 6:00 PM
San Francisco, CA KNTV 9/20 7:30 PM
Washington, DC WRC 9/20 6:00 PM


Check GoRedForWomen.org/watch_our_show for schedule updates.


The women chosen to be the Heart of Go Red will be featured on this program. I tried out, but wasn't chosen but I'm sure these women will represent everything my heart has a passion for!

I'm off to walk in my area Heart Walk this morniing also. That's another great cause to get involved with. Not only do you help raise money for much needed research, you do something healthy for your own heart! WALK!

No comments: