About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Replace the salt in your shaker with this!

Herb Seasoning


This is an all purpose replacement for the salt shaker. It's perfect for keeping on the table or kitchen counter. This mixture is good on vegetables and meats and in casseroles and stews.

1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried parsley, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried savory, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried ground mace or nutmet
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional, according to taste!)

Mix all the ingredients until well blended. Store in a jar with a tight fitting lid in a cool, dry, dark place for up to six months!

No comments: