About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vacation! Yay!

Ok........I'm off on vacation this morning. Vacations are so important to take so if you get the chance........escape! They do your heart, mind, and body good! I can't write much this morning since I just started packing. Hey, you mom's out there know how it is. We take care of everything else before we take care of our own stuff or our selves! So, since I still have packing to do I just wanted to leave you with my favorite Bible verse. This verse has become my "theme" so to speak ever since my diagnosis with heart failure. It has helped me thru a lot and so I hope it speaks to you in some way today. It's also the verse that I use for my heart walk team every year and for my ministry "Matter of the Heart." So here it is:

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.


Without God's strength, I could do nothing.......he is absolutely all I need. He is my portion. I hope he's your strength and your portion today.

No comments: