About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Monday, October 20, 2008

Back from Vacation

Ok...today was back to reality. Back to work and the daily grind. We had such a nice vacation and I really didn't want to come home! We stayed in Nashville, Indiana inside the Yellow wood state forest. We were miles from another person. I absolutely loved it. I could live that way, well, at least as long as I'm only about 30 minutes from some shopping! We shopped the shops of Little Nashville. They have about 250 little shops with a variety of different things. There is something for everyone. It takes a good 3 days to really get thru all the shops. If you've never been, I recommend it for those that love to shop! We relaxed a lot at the cabin, which had no phone! I could live without a phone too! We did have TV but we rarely turned it on. That's another thing I could live without too. There's nothing on that's worth my time to sit down and watch anything anymore. We turned it on for the news just to check out the forecast for the next day and that was it. We fished and my daughter, Jocelyn, outfished the guys! She's a really good fisher woman! She yelled out that she had one and before I turned around to look, she had it reeled in already! It was probably about a 10 pound large mouth bass. So, she has a fish story to tell that is real! Last year, she caught a huge catfish that took her about 20 minutes to reel in, but she got it in! I was in heaven there. I love to cook so I got to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner while we were there and just pamper my parents. They deserve it for everything they have done for me over the years. I could never pay them back but I know they do it because they love me! We take our own food since I have to watch my sodium and I do the cooking. I absolutely love doing that! If I didn't have to work, I'd do that every day! We did eat dinner out one day and went to the Artist Colony. If you get a chance to go to Nashville, Indiana, make sure to eat there. It's one of my absolute favorites because everything is homemade. Lots of things that fit into a low sodium diet too. So, for a few days we got away from the hectic, busy lives we all tend to live. We made memories that will last a liftime. Do the same with your family!

When we got home, we had relatives in from Virginia and West Virginia and we spent a long weekend with them. Those are the times I cherish!

No comments: