About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

National Go Red for Women day

Don't forget this Friday to wear your red to help bring awareness to women that heart disease is our number 1 killer. Go to www.goredforwomen.org and get your free red dress pin and sign up for newsletters, etc. You can also get lots of great information there to help with prevention of heart disease. Go Red and Love Your Heart! If in the Cincinnati area, watch channel 12 early in the morning to catch Bob Herzog and John Gumm wearing red dress neckties!

No comments: