About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Friday, February 20, 2009

New Low Sodium Food Find!

Ok...today at Kroger Marketplace, I found a very low sodium chili sauce in the natural food section. It's Crazy's Charlies chili sauce and it only has 5 mg sodium in a 1/2 cup serving! Very exciting. I haven't tried it out for taste yet but the jar states Award Winner fiery food challenge. States it's good for hot dogs for coney sauce and it's good to add to your own homemade chile. They have a website also. It's www.cgsalsa.com.


Also....I found some delicious soups! they are condensed soups and you just add 16 oz of low sodium chicken stock to them and warm up. They have several different soups and they also have spaghetti sauces that are low sodium also. The website where you can actually order them is www.reidfoods.com I contacted them by email today and got the sodium contents for all their soups and for the spaghetti sauces. You can find some of the soups at Dorothy Lane Market in the Dayton Ohio area but you can order direct from their website. Here are the contents given to me today in the email. I've tried the tomato basil, minestrone and the Italian Wedding soup and they are yummy!


Condensed Tortilla Soup - 140mg 6%
Condensed Tomato Basil - 149mg 6%
Condensed Potato Leek - 164mg 7%
Condensed Wild Mushroom - 163mg 7%
Condensed Italian Wedding - 27mg 1%
Condensed Pumpkin - 82mg 3%
Condensed Butternut - 128mg 5%
Condesned Minestrone - 55mg 2%

Pasta Sauces:
Artichoke Antipasto - 170mg 7%
Bruschetta - 60mg 3%
Marinara - 240mg 10%
Asiago Cheese - 289mg 12%
Vodka - 227mg 10%
Cognac - 30mg 1%
Roasted Red Pepper - 14mg 1%

No comments: