About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Sunday, May 10, 2009

flu update

Just an update on the flu. I hope people are still taking precautions and are taking this seriously. Even though they are saying this flu is mild, it has proven deadly for people with underlying health conditions such as heart problems, copd, diabetes, etc. Please, if you are ill........STAY HOME. You never know who you are coming into contact with when you have a mild case of this. I've heard people say, well, the case is mild so they think it's ok to go out into the public, school or to work. Please, think about the people you come into contact on a daily basis. Anyone of those people could have chronic health conditions or any one of those people may have someone at home with chronic health problems. This is why it puzzles me when they say they are not telling schools in the U.S. to close when they have a case. I've come to learn that most people DON'T use common sense and go everywhere while they are sick never thinking of whom they might cause to get sick. If you have a chronic health condition, limit your large crowd exposure and carry hand sanitizer with you where ever you go and use it frequently. Do what you can to protect yourselves. We have 2254 cases now with 3 deaths. New cases are NOT on the decline like has been reported. All the deaths have been very young people with chronic health conditions that cause major complications when they got this flu. So, even though most cases have been mild, they are still deadly when you pass it on to someone with other health problems. USE COMMON SENSE!

No comments: