About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Watch the sodium in Purdue chicken now!

Ok...much to my disappointment, purdue now has fresh chicken that they have added sodium to. Their fresh chicken was always without the added sodium but when I went to Walmart a few days ago, I noticed they now have all sorts of fresh chicken with added sodium. It can be as much as 250-400 mg per piece depending on which piece of the chicken you like. So....buyer beware....check the labels very carefully because not all purdue chicken is now minimally processed without added sodium.

No comments: