About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nothing is impossible with God, absolutely NOTHING!

When doctors say there is nothing else we can do and nothing is going to work for you, God can! This might not seem like much to those reading this but today during my workout, I ran 4 minutes 40 seconds. Doctors said I would never be able to run. Doctors said I wouldn't live without a transplant! Then they said I had 4 1/2 -5 years to live, that was almost 10 years ago. Then they said nothing is ever going to take down the enlargment of your heart and increase your function. Today, I have 48% heart function and my heart is now normal size. God can do anything! NOTHING is imossible. 48% is just 2% under normal! Don't dream small...ask him. He is able to do more than you could even imagine. I'm going to run every day during my workout and slowly build up my endurance. I have a goal...because I know NOTHING is impossible with God and I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength! To God be the glory for what he has done for me. I'm humbled that he heard my cry and blessed me in this way because I'm nothing special. I'm just a sinner saved by grace. He enlarged my heart for him.

No comments: