About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Reds Opening Day Parade

The Cincinnati Reds opening day parade and game are tomorrow March 31. I am honored that I get to take part in the parade with some very special ladies with hearts for others. I'll be marching with a group of ladies for Go Red for Women. This is one of my passions but Christ is first. Go Red for Women is all about educating women to the fact that heart disease is our number 1 killer. As women, we often times take care of everyone else in our lives before we give ourselves a 2nd thought. Thru Go Red for Women we want women to know it's never to late to start taking care of your heart. I'm so excited to be in the parade representing such a great cause but I have to tell you, I'm doing this to honor God. Tomorrow when I walk in this parade I will do so as another way to thank him for what he's done in my heart. I want my passion for him to shine thru in some way. I am doing this because I am so grateful for the many opportunities I've been given because of my heart condition. I would not have met so many wonderful people that I now know. I would not have been able to share my passion for Christ with this many people if not for having heart disease. I would not have learned that NOTHING is impossible with God if not for my struggles. I hope that my enthusiasm for my creator shines in me and tomorrow I hope that this quote will be true of me "Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn." John Wesley

We are group 150 out of 190 so if you're watching, it will be a while before you see us. Hang tight! Tomorrow I'm walking this parade as another way to say thank you to God for what he's done in my life and in my heart...spiritually and physically. I know if not for his power, this would not have been possible for me. I am blessed! How are you letting your light shine today? We were created to shine and to worship our creator. You are the light of the world. Matthew 5:14 So, tomorrow all I want to do while in that parade is to shine for Christ. I hope I do him proud.

No comments: