About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Friday, April 15, 2011

Exciting News!

I have some exciting. On Wednesday, April 20, I will be interviewed by Carol Williams for WCPO, channel 9 Cincinnati. They are interviewing me about my story with heart disase. This will be used to promote the Go Red for Women Luncheon coming up May 5th. Not sure when the segment will air. Prayers appreciated! I am so thankful for this opportunity to support such a great cause. I am humbled by the opportunities God has given me because of heart disase. I'm a bit nervous too!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Hi, I looked for an e-mail address but couldn't find one...so figured I'd post here...I'm 29 last May I wass diagnosed with Congestive Cardomyothopy my EF was at 20% and in January of this year was at 50%...I just need someone to talk to who has been through this...I know God has healed me...but lately I can't get it out of head...if you would please email me at christylschubert@gmail.com I would loke to know your whole story...your testimony...thanks so much and God bless

Kimberly Binkley said...

Christy...I sent you a message. I have also updated my blog to show my email address now. I didn't realize it wasn't open for public view with my current settings. Feel free to write me anytime and ask me anything at all! It does help to talk to someone that knows what you've been thru and how you feel!