About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Monday, April 18, 2011

Heart of Gratitude

Today, I am thinking of a friend I have never met. I prayed for her last year after hearing her story from our youth pastor. Her name is Megan Moss. What an awesome story of hope and faith she has to share. I remember being so thankful when the news came last year that she had a heart. This after being told she was too sick to receive one if in fact one did come. Her family prayed along with thousands of people all over the United States and God showed up right on time....after doctors had done all they could do and science said there was no hope God's healing touch came. God is always right on time, never too early, never too late. Her family has incredible faith and NEVER gave up praying or believing. God answered their prayers and today I am rejoicing with them. I remember praying for her all night when the news came she was too sick to have surgery if a heart came. I'll never forget the feeling I had the next morning when I checked her fathers blog and the post read: We Have a HEART! Megans temp went down from the pneumonia and she was able to have the surgery and receive the heart from her donor. This was an absolute MIRACLE. I'll never forger her story or the faith this family demonstrated in their darkest hour. So, Today, I just wanted to put a poem and a scripture to tell the world how grateful I am for the miracle he gave Megan Moss and for my own miracle. I will never forget what God has done. I remember telling my doctor when I was first diagnosed: My God is bigger than your science. Today, I am living proof and so is Megan Moss. Click on the title of this post to read her father's blog. You can also read her blog at www.meganrmoss.blogspot.com

Heart of Gratitude:

With a heart full of gratitude I want the world to know,
So I can share this feeling, you reap what you do sow.

For gratitude bubbles over when your heart appreciates,
Your prayer that was answered, even though you had to wait.

So count your many blessings. This we all must do.
For your new heart of gratitude will always carry you through.

Deborah J Birdoes

Quote from Scripture:
Come and see what God has done, how awesome his work
in our behalf. Ps. 66:5

No comments: