About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Go Red for Women Luncheon 2011 Cincinnati

The Go Red for women Luncheon is coming up in Cincinnati. It's Thursday, May 5th at the Duke Energy Center. This is an AWESOME event you won't want to miss! This year my company sponsored a table and my table is full! If you are interested in going, click on the title of this post and it should take you to the website where you can learn more about the event. Its from 9am to 1:30 pm and it's jammed packed with educational information, shopping for the heart, healthy cooking demo's and inspirational speeches by survivors. I had the privilege of speaking at the first one in Cincinnati and sharing my story. This year I'll be participating in the Go Red fashion show where you'll get an update on my story! I promise, you'll love this event and will be so glad you came!

While you are on the website, click on the link of my friend, Bob Herzog from WKRC. The video will make you smile! He and John Lomax are wearing the Go Red neckties I sent them! It takes a real man to wear a red dress! LOL!

1 comment:

blackdinothunderranger said...

Do you know where I could find more images from the Go red fashion show 2011? Thanks!
blackdinothunderranger@gmail.com