About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just so thankful....

This may not seem like much to you, but today I am just so thankful. I got to take my 17 year old daughter to her drivers exam today. She was 7 when I was diagnosed and was told I wouldn't live thru the weekend and then told I needed a heart transplant. God has given me these last 10 years and today after coming home it just hit me....if the doctors had been right, it would have been someone else taking my daughter to get her drivers liscense today. I've been given the opportunity to watch her grow up and I know some mothers have not been given that opportunity. Some children have not had their mothers with them like she has. Just feeling so blessed. Remember to thank God for what he gives you and allows you to do. Don't take it for granted. That's really all I have to say today. Count your blessings and say thank you to God.

Oh, and she passed her exam!

No comments: