About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Monday, April 25, 2011

New Low Sodium Food find

Just a quick note to tell you of a low sodium food find that my Mom discovered. Mary B's open kettle dumplings. The package she had says zero sodium. They are in the freezer section and we've found them only at Walmart in our area. So, for all those that never thought they would get to enjoy chicken and dumplings because of the sodium, you now can! They are DELICIOUS. I've seen nutrition facts online that say 40 mg sodium per 6 oz but the package my mom had said zero sodium in the entire package. Not sure why the difference but wanted to pass this along to others on a sodium restricted diet. They are cholesterol free also and the package she had was low fat. So, look at your local walmart to see if they carry them. Mom said it's much easier than making dumplings from scratch and just as tasty! I can vouch for the taste!

Also, there is a product called Anne's flat dumplings that have absolutely no sodium in them either. Click on the title of this blogpost for their website. Looks like you can only order in bulk but they do have a list of stores that carry their products. I've never seen these in my local Kroger or Walmart but according to the website, some locations do carry these.

No comments: