About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Heart Month

Monday I was given the opportunity to tell my story to Liz Bonis from Local 12 WKRC in Cinnati. Liz Bonis was awesome and did a great job putting my story together. Click on the link if you would like to see a little bit of my story. Click on the title Heart Month to see the video. The story aired on February 1, the beginning of heart month. I hope this helps other women to recognize that shortness of breath and fatigue can be symptoms that something is going wrong with your heart and take it seriously. This was a wonderful experience for me and I encourage anyone else that has a story that could help others to do the same and share their story. You never know how many lives you may touch or change by doing so.

No comments: