About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Broken Heart

I'm writing this blog this morning with a broken heart. My dear friend, Julie Werling, lost her little niece yesterday. I've never actually "met" Julie in person but she is a very dear friend. She has helped me with so many decisions and thru so much. I hope I have done the same for her. We have corresponded with each other and talked on the phone but haven't met in person yet, but we will! Julie and I came to know each other due to us each having heart disease. I couldn't ask for a better friend and I believe God brought us together for a reason. Julie's sister-in-law, Kendra, gave birth to twins 3 months ago. One of the twins, Noelle, had a heart condition at birth and had open heart surgery right away after birth. She fought for 3 months but lost her fight yesterday I learned thru an email this morning. I've been praying for this sweet little baby for 3 months, whom I have never seen or met, and my heart is broken today. Please pray for this family. They can certainly benefit from your prayers. Her name means "Christmas" and she is with him today. Please remember, you are never too young for heart disease. One thing I guess I will never understand is why some are taken so young.

No comments: