About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Take Time to be Thankful

Ok, with Thanksgiving tomorrow I just wanted to take some time out to be thankful for all God has done. If you were to write a letter to God, what would you say. I wanted to give this a shot due to a song I heard by Richie McDonald (formerly of Lone Star). If you don't have his debut Christian cd.....it's great and worth buying! He has an awesome voice and I'm so glad he's now using it for God! Anyway, he has a song on his Chrisitan cd called "Hey God" and that is where I got this idea. After hearing this song, I wanted to write my own letter to God and since it's Thanksgiving, it's the perfect time to do it! So here goes,

Hey God...I just want to thank you. There was a time when the doctors said I wouldn't make it, but because of you I pulled through. That was 7 years ago and these 7 years have been the sweetest of my life. Hey God, I want to thank you for my family. For my husband, whom is the love of my life. He is a precious gift from you and I can truly say, I have been loved. That is so important and I don't take that for granted. Hey God, I want to thank for my beautiful daughter. She's 14 and I know I may be a bit prejudiced.......but I think she is beautiful, not just on the outside, but on the inside also. She truly has brightened my life and brought me joy. 7 years ago I didn't know if I would have anymore time with her. You have truly blessed my life. I will do my best in raising her because I know she is from you. Thank you for entrusting her life to me. Help me in raising her and help me to help her make wise choices. Hey God, you are the best and my truest friend. I look back and see your hand in my life in every step of they way. I am so grateful that my life is in your hands and not human hands.

Hey God, I want to thank you for taking care of my father when he had his surgery. Thank you for giving me more years with him. God, you know his numbers are starting to go up again. I know you will take care of him but you know God...I want him here for a long time yet so my prayer is that you give the doctors wisdom and that they act in a timely fashion. I am so blessed to have my father with me at my age. I know so many don't have their parents in their life and I pray you be with those families during the holiday season. Hey God, I also want to thank your for taking care of my mom during her recent surgery. You have blessed her with a speedy recovery. You also blessed her with that spunky spirit that helps during recovery....thank you for also giving me that same spirit! I am so blessed to have both my parents with me this Thankgiving. Hey God.......thank you for giving me the parents you did. They have been awesome parents to me my entire life. If I'm half the parent they are, I'll be fine. I remember seeing their face at every activity I was involved in as a child and they still come to see what I'm up to today! I couldn't have chosen better parents! Hey God, a simple thank you just doesn't see like enough.

Hey God, I want to thank you for the time I was able to spend with my own grandparents and for the knowledge they came to know you before they passed in this life. Thank you that I will see them again. Hey God, thank you for my entire family. My brothers, sister-in-laws, neice and nephews. I have to say, they are pretty nice people and I enjoy spending time with them. Thank you they are all healthy. When you go thru hard times, you see what you're family is made of and how much they love one another. They are always there when you need them and I thank you for mine.

Hey God, I know this may sound strange to some people but I want to thank you for my trials. They have truly taught me that "nothing is impossible with God" and they have brought me closer to you today. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have no regrets and nothing I would change. You are awesome God and you are always good. Your ways are not my ways and all I ask is that you walk with me thru each trial ahead like you have aready done and I know I will be better having gone thru them. To quote a few words from this song that I love from Richie McDonald's "Hey God", this sums it up.

YOU HAVE YOUR WAYS YOU HAVE YOUR PLAN
SOMETIMES MYSTERIOUS AND HARD TO UNDERSTAND
BUT I’M HUMBLED BY YOUR GRACE
AND EVERYTHING YOU DO
HEY GOD HEY GOD I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU

SOMETIMES I FORGET TO STOP AND BOW MY HEAD
AND REMEMBER THAT I HAVE BEEN BLESSED

Everything I have gone thru, good and bad, have made me who I am today. I am yours God and I have been blessed. Thank you!

I could go on and on with this Thank you letter because there is so much more to be thankful for. Take the time to be thankful and take the time to tell God how grateful you are. That is what this season is all about. May you all be richly blessed.

No comments: