About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year (I found my post!) I'm so excited

Ok...it's New Year's Eve and as I look back over the past year, I am overwhelmed at all the blessings God has bestowed on me. He brought me through some scary times when it looked like I would need to be on the heart transplant list. He has watched over me every day and I know that I truly need him each and every day. I am nothing without God in my life and I am so thankful for all the trials I have been through. Each and every one of them have brought me closer to God and have truly shown me his great love, power and mercy. Just like Nathan preached on Sunday....we have to rejoice in the bad times and in the good times.....rejoice at all times. this is something I truly learned how to do this past year. I kept going even when things did not look that great for my health and that is only due to the power of God in my life. As you look back over this past year, rejoice in the good times and rejoice in the bad. Our trials truly do make us better people if we trust in the Lord and not allow them to make us bitter. I am thankful that God gave me the strength to become a better person and not a bitter person. I wouldn't trade where I am today for all the health in the world. I have learned that there is NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD! He is all I need. I'm off to spend some time with friends this evening to celebrate what God has done in all our lives this past year. We have some great stories of trials and triumphs and it's nice to get together and talk about them from time to time. Keep the faith if you are going thru a trial today. Faith gives you hope, hope gives you strength, strength gives you courage to go on each day! Another fav song by Richie McDonald. Boy, am I glad he now sings Christian music. His music has blessed me over this past year and helped me through lots! I think I just may have to pop him an email and let him know that! Have a safe and wonderful new year and may we richly bless God! He is good, all the time, he is good!

2 comments:

Scrumpy said...

Bless you Bink. Love reading your blog and being reminded of some simple things. It's so good to resonate with someone who shares the same faith.
Happy New Year Sis!
Groooove

skye said...

amen and amen. Just found your blog, love finding friend's blogs to see what is being shown in their lives from God.

peace and blessings, skye