About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Go Red for Women Casting Call

I'm trying out for the 2009 Go Red for Women Casting call on Friday, February 13th. I tried out last year but was not chosen but I'll give it another shot! Last year instead of choosing one person, they chose a group of women to resppresent the cause. Check out their stories at www.goredforwomen.org. 3 of the women have the same heart condition that I do with one already having a transplant. All of them were young when they were diagnosed with 2 of them having the same pacemaker that I have. Very inspiring! It helps to read stories about others that know what you are going thru because they have been there themselves. If you have heart disease I urge you to go check out the stories of all the women with heart disease. My story is on there too! Go read the stories and post your own. You never know who it will help. So, on February 13th I'll go record my story and I would love to represent the heart of Go Red!

2 comments:

Scrumpy said...

Kim, you are one of my picks for the Lemonade Award Girlfriend!
Your blog is really good and serves women in a wonderful way.

Kimberly Binkley said...

Thanks! This subject really matters to my heart! It is my passion.