About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

National Go Red for Women Day

Ok...National Go Red for Women day is coming up. It's Friday, February 6th. This is the day we are to wear red to help bring awareness that heart disease is the number 1 killer of women. If you don't have a red dress pin, pop me a note and I'll get you one. If you are in the Cincinnati area, watch wkrc channel 12 early in the morning. Bob Herzog and John Gumm have agreed to wear a neck tie that I'm sending them! I'm psyched! John Lomax may also wear one. They are red with the red dress symbol on them. I'm also sending a special red dress pin to Anna Townsend and Liz Bonis to wear on that day. Bob is a friend of ours from the church we used to attend. I am so excited that he agreed to do this! This will help get the message out there that we need to take care of our hearts. I think women tend to ask more questions when they see the red dress symbol on a man too so this should get the conversation going! Be sure and watch early on Friday, February 6th if in the WKRC viewing area!

No comments: