About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Save the Date!

If you have never attended a Go Red for Women luncheon, I encourage you to do so. If you are in the Cincinnati area, there is a luncheon on May 7th from 9 am to 1 pm at the Duke Energy Center, 525 Elm Street, Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information you can email adrienne.cronebaugh@heart.org I spoke at our first one and have attended every one since. There is so much information about how to take care of your heart and it really stresses the importance for women. You will be touched by the stories that are shared. If you are not in the Cincinnati area, you can check to see if there is a local event by going to the American Heart assoc website at www.americanheart.org and put in your zip code to find out what events are going on in your area. Many different locations are having the Go Red for Women empowerment luncheons. You will leave feeling empowered to do something for your own heart!

No comments: