About Me

My photo
At age 39, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. I was given days to live with a heart function of 5% at that time. I was also told I needed a heart transplant to survive. I am now a 13 year survivor and have not had a heart transplant. I am married to my best friend, Steve and have one daughter, age 19. I'm sharing my journey to help others and because it "Matters to my Heart."

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Low Sodium food find

Ok...I was excited about this when I found it. It's a condensed soup that you add low sodium chicken stock to. You have to make sure you only add low sodium chicken stock or you defeat the purpose of it being low sodium. It's Maria's Style soup and it is delicious! Nice when you don't have time to make your own homemade soup. I found this at Dorothy Lane Market in Springboro, Ohio. There are not a lot of stores that carry it but the good news is......you can order directly from the company at www.reidfoods.com There is also a link on there that tells you what stores you can find this soup at. Enjoy!

Also, a good cookbook for low sodium very tasty recipes is 500 low sodium recipes by Dick Logue! It is excellent. I got it last week and love it, love it, love it. He has CHF too and had to go on the low sodium diet so he has put together a great cookbook. I think I just may have to try doing a cookbook myself!

Be careful out there if in the Cincinnati area. It's nasty out there with all the ice and snow. Watch out for downed powers lines and be careful with trees falling! I remember last year that little girl that was killed when she was playing in the snow and a tree fell on her. This is serious stuff! Be careful and if you have heart disease......do not shovel! I sound so like a mom!

1 comment:

Scrumpy said...

Kim, I have found some "Salt Balance" and put it in the dinner shaker. Making an effort for hubby's sake, he loves salt.